Thursday 11 September 2014

Catching New Ideas


Some people talk about 'dry spells,' writer's block, general doldrums & creative apathy. A lack of ideas (though granted they aren't all ready for prime time--evidently my enthusiasm for my invention 'Yonuts' (frozen yogurt filled doughnuts) was purely my own) was never the issue. Hours in the day--the real problem. 


When my ex & I had the used goods warehouse store on St Croix years ago, I had to train myself not to see potential in everything that walked in & out of the door. That evidently requires periodic retraining, because my house is pretty full of stuff that only I see as having possibilities.  I'm OK with being alone in that vision, as long as plans & ideas come to fruition every now & again. Thanks to some help (ranging from opinions to heavy lifting) from my friends, several plans are becoming real this summer:
1.  I finally exchanged the cursedly mundane brown trim on my little house for a refreshing dark cool grape.  

2.  The porch ceiling was my first foray into what I intended to do since I bought my 70's house in 2008--paint ceiling & beams all one seamless color. I'm so pleased that next week the rest of the ceilings will become one big creamy white united front as well.  


Then last week I used some stuck at home with respiratory crud downtime to polish off another lingering unfinished project--this one:
I call it 'Big Clay Pots Painted Green, topped with Plants & Filled With Sea Glass"

But you can tell from there they're full of ...potential!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment