Saturday 15 July 2017

Still Crazy

On this day twenty-five years ago I moved from Maryland to St Croix.
I wasn't alone.
It wasn't my idea.  
I was not convinced.

This many years later & I don't even like to imagine the road not traveled. Between the sand in my car & the homegrown pineapple juice in my blood, St Croix & I are one. So by way of celebration here are some fun fraction factoids:
I have lived on this island 1/4 of the time it has been under the US flag. 
In 5 years, when I turn 60 I will have lived here half my life. 
I have lived with Mu almost half the time I've been on island. 
I have lived in the little house I bought almost 1/3 of my life here. 
And finally, my fave:  from the original half dozen pineapple plants I found growing here when I bought, I have harvested a couple hundred pineapples, four of which I cleaned & sliced today.

So how was that for curtailing sentimental mush?  
P.S.  I love you for life, my island home!


2 comments: