Monday 13 June 2016

You Will Not

Yesterday was one of those unfathomably horrid days when you can't get right.  Your skin seems to be on crooked. One or both eyes leaks at inopportune times.  Your thoughts, like darting fish, refuse to be corralled.  We've had to learn a lousy corollary to our fundamental belief--that love is love. We were once again reminded that hate is also hate.  We're left to ponder how we'll handle that unavoidable fact. Here's what I can believe, written directly to those haters:
1.  LOVE IS LOVE.  I'm referring to the love I see in my friends, every day. The love when one spouse, one boyfriend, one girlfriend, one partner tells endearingly kind funny anecdotes about their loved one--and that look on their face as they do that.  Hate, you can't have this.  It is not yours.  You wouldn't understand.
2.  LOVE IS LOVE.  I'm talking about the kids I know who are lucky enough to have two Moms or two Dads.  I'm talking about those kids who feel the direct evidence every day of their lives & those young minds, so far superior to your hate-stunted ones who know the love of being chosen to live in a caring home.  Hate, this concept is so far above your paygrade you couldn't reach it with a fire truck ladder. 
3.  LOVE IS LOVE.  And now I'm talking about the love, support, encouragement & pure, rock-solid friendship I'm lucky enough to experience from my friends of all orientations, races, sexes & beliefs every day of my life.  There is no reference, no search engine, no sphere of knowledge to explain to you, Hate, what you've missed by shutting this out of your meager, stingy existence.  

In short, LOVE IS LOVE, & I will choose to live in it as a daily protest to you, Hate.  You will not take that from me.

2 comments: