Wednesday 7 September 2016

Aerosmith Insomnia

Screenshot of the next endeavor--installing this 9'x9' Anthropologie mural

Classic.  2 a.m. & I'm just in from stargazing. It is a gorgeously clear night, & among the other visible brilliant luminaries, Orion, Big & Little Dippers, Dorothy Parker, Julia Child & the Seven Sisters (I don't tell you what to see in the clouds, so don't tell me what I see in the stars--deal?), three shooting stars made guest appearances. 
Raucously loud-mouthed lizards, frogs & distant confused roosters provided the soundtrack, & the show was so good I had a hard time making myself come inside to do my day's end yoga, shower & finally find my pillow. 
I feel bad for people who really suffer from insomnia. I don't. Instead of lamenting or fighting sleeplessness, I've always embraced it, not just for its familiarity but for its potential. A true insomniac puts head to pillow & waits for elusive sleep to overtake. Instead, I have 'Aerosmith Insomnia'--in Steven Tyler's dead-on lyrics, 'I don't want to miss a thing.'  I'll turn my bed down at midnight, but at 2:12 a.m. I'm still ratting around, fighting the strong compulsion to start a new project or complete a procrastinated to-do item.  
Yes, this weekend is scheduled to be 'slipcover-palooza 2016

And all the while Mu looks for the darkest of the still-lit rooms in which she can get her redundant beauty sleep.  
Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment