Thursday 8 September 2016

'Clos-play?'

At this moment there must be a group of mothers who have surely marked me for death. 
Because despite 50 plus years of maternal admonishment, I currently have the lights on IN EVERY ROOM OF MY HOUSE. 
At 11:30 p.m. I awoke in my studio in front of the last moments of the original, Louise Beavers/Claudette Colbert version of 'Imitation of Life.'  I thought 'I'll do my yoga & go to bed early'...with Santa Claus & a unicorn, evidently. Instead I have gone from room to room, starting or finishing several tasks in each, & blazing a lighting trail to lure me back.  
And then I finally got productive & started going through drawers, sorting into give away or throw away piles stuff that I'm replacing with the neat, clean, folded items I'll sort into give away or throw away piles a year from now.  
Among the cast off linens, I found some swimwear & a couple stray bras that I had to try on before levying judgement for or against.  The best was my red, rhinestone-studded & preposterously padded gag bra, made even more outlandish by the fact it is now buckety-big from a combo of weight loss & TEFS (Tropical Elastic Fatigue Syndrome--the early onset dry rot that possesses elasticized items here in paradise).  
When I bought this little house, there was a medium sized safe in the bedroom closet. After thinking 'how cool is that?' & obsessively closing & opening it with the combination to be sure I could, I considered what to put in there. I then realized I was pretty much devoid of what most people & all thieves might consider 'valuables.'  Eventually I pulled the little tray insert out & carefully arranged my bejeweled red bra in it, then stuck it back in the safe, leaving the door slightly ajar. Some time later I told Buck I had finally decided the item of greatest value & deserving of the safe's protection. He looked, laughed & my gag bra has been in the safe for the last eight years. 
Time for yoga & bed, but I'm already planning tomorrow night's 'clos-play' (as in closet) foray. I seem to recall a pair of satin platform shoes emblazoned with pastel rhinestones that will definitely require a try-on.  Good night!

3 comments:

  1. You are without a doubt, one of the most entertaining people in my life! Your wit, humor and beautiful sole are the best and I'm so very happy to know you!! I thought the picture of the over the top bra in the safe was actually something that you melted, by accident, in the microwave, until I took a closer look! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comes up as Unknown, but you know me!! Chris!

      Delete
    2. Thank goodness you ID'd yourself! And thanks for the 'big up.' I'm (as we say where I'm from) right fond of you myself. Xoxoxoxo

      Delete